Distracted Driving Accounts For One Third Of All Commercial Auto Accidents
According to leading industry experts, distracted driving accounts for 1/3rd of all commercial auto accidents and is causing business insurance rates to rise for the 5th straight year. This is an important topic that employers need to understand and respond to.
What Are The Types of Distracted Driving
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road;
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel; and
- Cognitive: taking your mind off of driving
- Drivers under the age of 23 have the highest proportion of distraction-related fatal crashes.
- Commercial drivers that drive long hours without breaks.
- Create a formal, written policy stating your organization’s position on mobile device use while driving.
- Educate drivers about the risks and potential consequences of driving while distracted.
- Make this part of your monthly safety meetings.
- Enforce the rules.
- Reward safe drivers.
At Roussel Insurance we strive for trust and reliability with our clients. Through our 32 years in the insurance business we have learned to achieve immediate and sustainable cost savings for businesses and individuals. We can help find you the right insurance options, so that no matter what your budget is we can minimize you’re spending and easily meet your needs. To learn more about us and what we offer, make sure you browse through our personal and business services. Lastly, do not miss our blog page! All our blogs are informative, so we can help make insurance more understandable.
This information is intended for the client, individual or entity to which it is addressed. These articles contain concepts and opinions, and are not intended to represent the consensus of the insurance or risk community, nor to provide professional legal or tax advice. Please seek professional legal or tax counsel before making any decisions. The information provided does not change or modify any insurance policy, only the actual terms of the in-force policies will govern claim settlements.