Company Holiday Parties Increase Risks
In the next few weeks your business will celebrate the season with a party. The party may include alcohol, food, a hotel, dancing and more. Holiday party’s area prime place for improper activity.
As your business prepares for the annual company holiday party, remember that these activities can increase your risk. While your business insurance would most likely response to claims, we have a number of tips to help reduce the likelihood of litigation. It is worth noting that employers are responsible for the conduct of their employees at all work related events.
Office Holiday Party Safety
- Limit use of alcohol; offer two drink tickets per person.
- Make sure you have food at your party.
- During the party, monitor alcohol consumption. Quickly try to diffuse any situations or displays of inappropriate behavior.
- Consider having the party at a restaurant. This is a good way to transfer liability.
- Make the party optional.
- Arrange for cab rides or transportation home for guests who may need it.
- Review harassment policies with all employees as a reminder of proper behavior.
- Encourager managers to set a good example.
- Consider inviting spouses, which is a good way to reduce romantic hook-ups.
- Know your state laws.
- If you have employees bring food, be sure the food is labeled by type. Some people may have food allergies.
- If something inappropriate does occur, respond to the issue quickly.
As long as you don’t charge for drinks, your business insurance may provide coverage (Always check with our office as each policy is different).
At Roussel Insurance we strive for trust and reliability with our clients. Through our 30 years in the insurance business we have learned to achieve immediate and sustainable cost savings for businesses and individuals. We can help find you the right insurance options, so that no matter what your budget is we can minimize you’re spending and easily meet your needs