- Follow insurance company loss control recommendations. These are designed to reduce the probability of a loss and to reduce the severity if a loss occurs.
- Develop an employee handbook. Having a set of procedures involving roles and responsibilities will help reduce employment issues in the long term.
- Evaluate your facilities. Unused equipment, obsolete security systems and lack of attention to risks on the site present significant potential for loss. Insurance companies encourage all business owners to maintain clean and safe premises for the health and safety of employees, vendors and customers.
- Make safety a priority. Having a safety program can not only reduce your costs but will improve employee productivity.
- Train your staff. Employees perform better if they have an understanding of what their roles and responsibilities are. Make safety part of every job description.
- Keep employees healthy. A local company, for example, has instituted a comprehensive wellness program that includes disease management for afflictions such as asthma and diabetes, as well as offering flu shots, cancer screenings, smoking-cessation sessions and a round-the-clock phone line staffed by nurses. The company found that for every dollar it invested, it saved $4.23.
- If your business changes, your insurance should too. Meet annually with us to determine whether your business has changed in significant ways that require modifying or adding coverage.
- Raise your deductible. Raising the deductible on your insurance usually lowers your premiums. Even if you end up having to pay the deductible, it's likely to be less than the amount you save.
Call us today for more information.
A key part of running your business is keeping employees safe at work. However, if a worker does suffer an injury, workers compensation coverage provides you and your employees with important protection.
Workers compensation coverage is a state-mandated insurance program that covers lost wages and medical treatment resulting from an employee’s work-related injury or illness. It also covers services needed to help an employee recover and return to work.
We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
All of us at Roussel Insurance & Financial Services truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.