If you own a business of any size and have vehicles, you need commercial auto insurance. Many small business owners often will attempt to insure a vehicle owned by the business under a personal auto policy. The reason this is not effective is that personal auto policies will exclude business operations.
Reasons to Consider Commercial Auto Insurance
- If the vehicle is owned by the business it may not be covered under a personal auto policy.
- If your business has employees who drive, you need a commercial auto policy.
- Vehicles that weigh over 10,000 lbs, and are used for business purposes must be covered by a commercial auto policy.
- If you are in the taxi cab or delivery business, commercial auto insurance can cover damage to persons or property; a personal insurance will not.
- Comprehensive and Collision
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle
It is important to speak with an insurance agent who can custom tailor a commercial auto policy that will best suit your company’s needs. Minimum commercial auto insurance coverage may not fully cover you in the case of a serious accident, which is why it’s often a good idea to consider purchasing more than is required.