Benefits Of Driver Training Programs
- Most insurers offer discounts for safety programs.
- Reduces fleet management costs through lower maintenance, fuel and insurance premiums.
- Reduced Workers’ Compensation costs.
- Creates a positive public image.
- Great employee satisfaction.
- Increases business effectiveness.
A driver safety program establishes the policies and procedures that are needed to have a safe work environment for employees.
- Management commitment is the most important factor when developing a driver safety program. Management must be willing to support and participate in the process.
- Driver screening and background checks can be a very effective method of evaluating potential drivers.
- The best way to evaluate drivers is by conducting written and road tests.
- Investigate and review all accidents. This will give the firm an opportunity to educate all drivers on specific prevention techniques.
- Have written policies, including disciplinary procedures, in the event of repeated offenders.